Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blog 1: Investing practices in writing


Writing is one of the ways I can express my feelings about certain topics. First, I can write down my vision of a better Philippines which includes the changes on Filipino attitudes and practice. Then another thing, I make my stand about issues like in politics or any problems regarding in our country like corruption and economic crisis.. The best thing, I can show my real personality through writing about what interests me such as the different ideas in Philosophy and the characteristics of people that I like.
When I am assigned to write, I feel sad because of some reasons. I am discouraged due to the comment that my teacher in high school put on my journal that makes me feel that I can never make a good writing. Next, I am not good in organizing ideas, and in making a good title thus making my essay 's ideas incoherent and does not have interesting title . Above all, I feel sad for the reason that I have semi hieroglyphic handwriting and I think that no one will dare to read my writing.
Even though I am not really into writing , I still need to do it for it is a must and during the writing process, I practice certain things to be an effective writer although I am not. I have always with me my dictionary, and thesaurus to have precise words in my essay. Then, I read related articles of the topic to be well informed, and to have more ideas to write. Especially, I practice outlining of ideas, and putting of important thoughts.
This is how I write. I know there are more practices that I need to do regularly in writing to be a better writer, but for now, since I do not know these practices, I just need to write, write, and write.

9 comments:

  1. Monneth, I can't seem to view your blog.
    I think something is wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! I can read it now:)

    Uhm, but I think maybe you should delete the centered title. You have the blog title in the upper left anyway.:D

    Your blog is very straigth to the point, no beating around the bush. I like it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am discouraged due to the comment that my teacher in high school put on my journal that makes me feel that I can never make a good writing."

    monneth, don't be blinded by this. One of the teacher's job is to critic, if not, then they will not be paid for their salaries. hehe

    but you know, a judgment is just a part of life, a judgment is use for you to strive more, it is for PERFECTION and not for DEPRESSION.

    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. monneth,

    I agreed as what Jorica said"it is for perfection and not for deppresion"she had a point.Do not be discouraged about it!!

    I had already experience it monneth!!

    The only thing I'd done was that I accept the reality because I know that's part of our life.

    Dont cha worry time will come!! You might be a writer in the near future!!

    Just read and read,write and write as what Dr.Francisco said!!

    Be positive lng jud!!

    kuyog lng tang duha!!

    hehehehe!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am discouraged due to the comment that my teacher in high school put on my journal that makes me feel that I can never make a good writing."

    Comments on journal should be taken as a challenge. It only proves that your teacher took time to read what you have written, even though she did'nt appreciated it, at least she had given a comment.:]

    Prove to the teacher that you can get better.

    go go go..ΓΌ

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rude comments can sometimes pull you down. But be optimistic! :)

    If you look into the bright side, these comments would help you improve your writing. :) Who knows? Maybe that person was encouraging you all along. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Kristie. You have to learn to take criticism well for in the end, it will help you.

    What won't kill you will only make you strong.

    You're blog is good. Just try to make you subjects and verbs agree at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing is an opportunity for us to express our emotions. Sometimes, when given an assignment to write, I too feel sad. Maybe because, I am not in the mood. Nevertheless, writing should be seen as an outlet to distress and explore oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't take comments too seriously. Don't get discouraged easily, but rather take it as a challenge and do better next time. Anyway, your blog is actually pretty nice. :D

    ReplyDelete